亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Pig Farm Managers Course (Level 6)
Following on from the success of the part-time Certificate in Agriculture in Pig Production (Level 5) aimed at enhancing the skills of farm operatives we are delighted that we can now offer the next step,a Pig Farm Managers Course (Level 6) specifically designed for students currently managing or aiming to manage a pig farm.The course has been tailored to meet the needs of the industry and has been designed in close consultation with the 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Pig Stakeholder Committee.
This course is a component award made up of four Level 6 modules relating to pig farm management that are accredited by QQI.The course will consist of a combination of lectures delivered by the Pig Development Department and external guest speakers as well as group discussions,day trips and team work activities.The modules making up the course are;Pig Husbandry Management,Managing Pig Nutrition,Pig Equipment Management,Applied Pig Reproduction.
On successful completion of the course students are awarded a component award in the four QQI Level 6 modules.Students seeking to obtain a full Level 6 qualification will be facilitated by the 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Pig Development Department and may complete the course with the Teagasc Agricultural Colleges or Teagasc local offices depending on the location,previous education level and schedule of the individual student.
Location & Dates
This course is offered on a part-time basis where by the course will be held over 2 days per month,largely based in the 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Portlaoise office but on occasion the location may vary due to group excursions and guest speakers.
The preliminary dates for the first 6 months are as follows:
- September 20thand 21st
- October 18thand 19th
- November 22ndand 23rd
- December 13thand 14th
- January 24thand 25th
- February 21stand 22nd
How to apply
All official applications must be made online.The online application system is available by clicking apply now below.
Applications must be submitted byTuesday the 31st of July 2018.
Steps to apply
- Create an online account on the Student Portal
- First,click on the course link above
- Follow the steps to set up an online account on the portal.The portal can then be used to complete your application.
- You will have to create a ‘Username' and ‘Password'.Please ensure that your username is the email address you check regularly and that your password is easy to remember.
- Please read the terms and conditions when prompted to do so.
- Making an Application
- Once you have created your account on the Student Portal,you can apply to courses by clicking course link and signing into the portal.
- You can save and exit and return to your application at any time up until the closing date.
- Please answer all the questions required and provide complete and accurate information.
- Please upload all of the documentation requested.You will be required to upload
- A recent photograph (head and shoulders against a plain background)
- An copy/image of your birth certificate
- Proof of your PPSN Number
- You must click the submit button in order to submit the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
For further information or assistance in applying please contact your 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Pig Development Department Specialist Advisor or contact Niamh Allen atniamh.allen@亚博体育官网无法取款teagasc.ie.
The course fee is €550 and is payable prior to commencement of the course.