The Joint Programme has four pillars:
- Discussion groups
- Targeted workshops
- Demonstration/ focus farms
- Communications/ public events.
Discussion groupsare a central part of the Joint Programme.A team of trained and experienced Group Facilitators will work with their 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Adviser colleagues to deliver a high quality learning experience to 75 discussion groups.
There is a series oftargeted workshopsfor Dairygold suppliers who are currently non-discussion group members and/ or non-clients of 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc.The purpose of the workshops is to provide a learning and development opportunity for the 1,800 Dairygold suppliers who are currently not members of a discussion group.The focus of the is on:
- Improving the technical efficiency of milk production
- Planning for sustainable expansion
The focus of the 2014 workshops is the Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme (SDAS).
In other years the workshops will focus on the following areas:
- Soil fertility and grass production
- Grass utilised per hectare on the grazing platform
- Improving milk solids production
- 6-week calving rate
- Youngstock management to increase cow numbers and quality
- Animal health and milk quality
- Financial planning and cash flow budgeting
- Physical and infrastructure planning
The Joint Programme featuresDemonstration and Focus farms.The purpose of the demonstration farms is to demonstrate sustainable expansion and the focus farms will be to demonstrate a particular aspect of efficient milk production.
There arepublic eventseach year highlighting the key messages and objectives of the programme.