亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc/Aurivo Joint Industry Programme
Objective of this Programme is to increase farm profitability for all milk suppliers in the Aurivo region by improving farm production and operational efficiencies.
There are six elements of the new Joint Programme:
- Focus Farms:Identify and establish 6-8 focus farms and set out development plans for each farm.This task will be completed by a team consisting of a 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc technician,local 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc B&T Dairy Adviser and Aurivo representative.
- Roadshows:There will be two roadshows events held in the year;each roadshow event will consist of a series of events at multiple locations across the Aurivo region.The first roadshow event will take place in late April and the second in the Autumn.Both 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc and Aurivo staff will develop and deliver the roadshows.Follow - up visits,on the topics addressed at the roadshow,will be delivered by members of the joint industry programme team (Aurivo and 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc) to those farmers requesting them.
- Discussion Groups:亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc B&T Dairy Advisers will continue to facilitate discussion groups for Aurivo milk suppliers and will target increasing membership by two members per group durning the year.In addition each group will devote two discussion group meetings in the year where it is compulsory to bring along a successor and/or family member.Each discussion group will organise at least one discussion group visit to 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Ballyhaise,Moorepark or Johnstown Castle (liquid) as part of the annual programme of meetings.
- Local events:The joint programme will target two local field evenings/open days on profitable farms presenting good fertility and use of grassland (regardless of herd size or system type).亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc and Aurivo will cooperate in the organisation and delivery of these events.
- New entrants:亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc and Aurivo will jointly organise and deliver three new entrant events (short course,farm walk or workshop).Both parties will work together to identify and invite potential and recent new entrant farmers to these events.
- Land Mobility Programme:The Joint Programme will also set-up a Land Mobility Programme including 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc,Aurivo and Macra (at least) for the region.The aim would be to have a small group which can work on the feasibility of share-farming options and selection of the most suitable candidates to take part as share farmers.Appropiate share farming models for the region would be developed and tested with suitable share farmers and with the support of Aurivo.
Roberta McDonald and the Aurivo team,亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc B&T Advisers (7),Pat Clarke and Frank Kelly will develop and deliver the Programme.A steering group consisting of Tom O'Dwyer and Padraig French (亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc),John Daly and Roberta McDonald (Aurivo) will review progress and agree operational targets for the Joint Industry.