Excellence in breeding management underpins profitability on Irish dairy farms.
Nationally only 58% of the dairy herd calves in the first six weeks of the calving season in a calving interval of 394 days: the 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc targets are 80% calved in the first six weeks and a calving interval of 365 days.
Fundamental to achieving the targets are excellence in the following areas:
- Dairy Cow Reproduction(PDF)
- Key Stages and Goals successful breeding season - Visual demonstration(PDF)
- Heat Detection - Helpful visual demonstration(PDF,1MB)
- Guidelines on the use of sexed semen during breeding season(PDF)
- Selecting beef AI sires for the dairy herd(PDF) Today's Farm - March/April 2018
- Dairy Cow Breeding(PDF)
- Understanding the Economic Breeding Index (EBI)(PDF)
- How to calculate genetic merit of bull team - Worksheet(Word Doc)
REARING REPLACEMENT HEIFERS
The 亚博体育官网无法取款Teagasc Dairy Manual,Chapter 43 have more data about: "How to achieve successful calving at 24 months of age" -Replacement heifer Management(PDF) also More guidelines onCalving and Calf Health(PDF),Chapter 49.
Further material:Target Heifers weight calculator (Excel Doc).
NUTRITION - Supplementation in diet